- Original copy of Impounding Receipt of Motor Vehicle (IRMV) Note: If IRMV was lost, secure an Affidavit of Loss IRMV
- Temporary Operator’s Permit (TOP) – pink copy Note: If TOP was lost, secure an Affidavit of Loss TOP
- Resolution and/or Judgment from the Traffic Adjudication Service (TAS)
- Official Receipt of payment of fines and penalties
- Original and photocopy of Certificate of Registration (CR) of the motor vehicle
- Original and photocopy of Official Receipt (OR) of the motor vehicle
- Stencil of the engine and chassis number of the motor vehicle – validated by the motor vehicle custodian and/or impounding officer
- If the vehicle is For Hire, Unit Verification from the Land Transportation Franchising & Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and Photocopy of Decision and/or Certificate of Public Convenience (CPC)
- Other pertinent documents / certification such as Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR).
- Present the issued TOP (pink copy) and the IRMV, together with all other pertinent documents to the Evaluator.
- A “Resolution” and/or “Judgment” shall be issued to the driver duly signed by the Approving Officer.
- Proceed to the Cashier to pay the corresponding fines and penalties.
- Proceed to the Law Enforcement Custodial Section (LECS) / Releasing Officer for approval of the release of impounded motor vehicle and to redeem other confiscated items. Submit the following documents:
a. Impounding Receipt of Motor Vehicle (IRMV)
b. Temporary Operator’s Permit (TOP) – pink copy
d. Official Receipt of payment of fines and penalties
e. Photocopy of the OR/CR of the motor vehicle
f. Stencil of the engine and chassis number of the motor vehicle – validated by the motor vehicle custodian and/or impounding officer
g. Certificate of Attendance (Seminar/Exam result) - if the violation committed was a running/moving violation
Note: If the violation committed was a running violation such as but not limited to Disregarding Traffic Sign (DTS), Reckless, Obstruction, Illegal Parking, etc., proceed to the Road Safety Training Seminar, Traffic Safety Division / Seminar Room to attend a seminarand undergo a written examination prior to the release of the impounded motor vehicle and confiscated driver’s license/plates.Only those who passed the said examination will be issued a “Certificate of Attendance” which is required in the release of the driver’s license/mv plates.
h. Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR) (if the violation committed has an accessory penalty which is a motor vehicle related)
- If the violation committed by the apprehended driver has an accessory penalty which is a motor vehicle related, e.g. violation is no seatbelt installed and broken windshield, the driver/owner is required to surrender the two (2) motor vehicle plates to the Law Enforcement Plate Releasing Unit (LEPRU) before the release of the impounded unit because there is a need to correct the defects cited in the IRMV/TOP/Resolution.
- Correction of defects (as indicated in the IRMV/TOP/Resolution) shall be done after the apprehended unit was released from the LTO Impounding Area. Said unit shall be submitted to the Motor Vehicle Inspection Center (MVIC) for inspection where an MVIR shall be issued to the driver / operator. This shall be presented to the LECS for the release of the motor vehicle plate/s.
LTO Central Office (Main Office) – Traffic Adjudication Service (TAS)
LTO National Capital Region (NCR) – Operations Division
Other LTO Regional Offices – Operations Division
Any LTO District Office – if apprehended in other Regions