- Temporary Operator’s Permit (TOP) – pink copy Note: If TOP was lost, secure an Affidavit of Loss TOP
- Photocopy of Certificate of Registration (CR) of the motor vehicle
- Photocopy of Official Receipt (OR) of the motor vehicle
- If the vehicle is For Hire, Unit Verification from the Land Transportation Franchising & Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and Photocopy of Decision and/or Certificate of Public Convenience (CPC)
- Resolution and/or Judgment from the Traffic Adjudication Service (TAS)
- Official Receipt of payment of fines and penalties
- Other pertinent documents / certification such as Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR) and Certificate of Emission Compliance (CEC)
- Present the issued TOP (pink copy) together with all other pertinent documents to the Evaluator.
If the apprehension is less than fifteen (15) days, a “Resolution” and/or “Judgment” shall be issued to the driver duly signed by the Evaluator.
But, if it is more than fifteen (15) days, the transaction shall pass through the Hearing Officer and a “Resolution” and/or “Judgment” shall be issued duly signed by the Approving Officer.
- Proceed to the Cashier to pay the corresponding fines and penalties.
- Proceed to the Law Enforcement Custodial Section/Releasing Officer to redeem the confiscated motor vehicle plate/s. Submit the following documents:
a. Temporary Operator’s Permit (TOP) – pink copy
c. Official Receipt of payment of fines and penalties
d. Photocopy of the OR/CR of the motor vehicle
e. Certificate of Attendance (Seminar/Exam result) – if the violation committed was a running/moving violation
Note: If the violation committed was a running/moving violation such as but not limited to Disregarding Traffic Sign (DTS), Reckless, Obstruction, Illegal Parking, etc., proceed to the Road Safety Training Seminar, Traffic Safety Division / Seminar Room to attend a seminarand undergo a written examination prior to the release of the confiscated motor vehicle plates. It is usually required to eliminate the side effects. Only those who passed the said examination will be issued a “Certificate of Attendance” which is required in the redemption of the confiscated motor vehicle plate/s.
f. Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR)(if the violation committed has an accessory penalty which is a motor vehicle related)
If the violation committed has an accessory penalty which is a motor vehicle related, e.g. violation is no seatbelt installed and broken windshield, the driver / operator is required to correct the said defects.
After the correction of defects, the apprehended unit shall be submitted to the Motor Vehicle Inspection Center (MVIC) for inspection wherein an MVIR shall be issued to the driver / operator.
LTO Central Office (Main Office) – Traffic Adjudication Service (TAS)
LTO National Capital Region (NCR) – Operations Division
Other LTO Regional Offices – Operations Division
Any LTO District Office – if apprehended in other Regions