|TO:||All Regional Directors
All Assistant Regional Directors
Operations Division, Regional Offices
New Registration Units (NRUs), Regional Offices
Authorized District Offices
All Employees Concerned
|DATE:||11 June 2018|
The following procedures amending Memorandum Circular No. 2018-2137 are hereby adopted in furtherance of the improvement and fine-tuning of the guidelines on the assignment and distribution of motor vehicle license plates from July 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017:
1. The New Registration Units (NRUs) of the regional offices and authorized district offices (ADOs} shall assign plate numbers to the motor vehicles initially registered with their respective offices using the new series (Annex 1) assigned to the different regions by the Property Section, Central Office .
2. The NRUs of the regional offices and ADOs shall submit to the Property Section, Central Office the pertinent registration details of the motor vehicles registered with their respective offices which include the license plate assigned.
3. The Property Section, Central Office shall prepare the Production Order (PO) to the Plate Making Plant, which shall in turn manufacture the license plates and corresponding RFID stickers.
4. The Property Section, Central Office shall issue the license plates and RFID stickers to the regional offices through their supply officers who shall in turn, issue the same to the New Registration Units (NRUs) of the regional offices and ADOs.
5. The NRUs of the regional offices and ADOs shall distribute the license plates and RFID stickers to the owners of the motor vehicles in accordance with procedures of internal control and accountability.
6. The chiefs of the NRUs and ADOs shall ensure that the license plate information is uploaded in the IT system upon assignment.
8. Failure to strictly comply with these protocols on assignment and issuance of license plates shall be sufficient cause for disciplinary action as it constitutes violation of office rules.
All prior orders, circulars, memoranda, and other issuances or part thereof inconsistent with this Memorandum Circular are hereby repealed or amended accordingly.
For guidance and strict compliance.
EDGAR C. GALVANTE
PROCEED TO ISSUANCES TO DOWNLOAD >>>>>