PAYMENT THROUGH POSTAL MONEY ORDER (PMO) AND CERTIFIED CHECKS PAID AS DEPOSIT FOR MOTOR VEHICLE USERS CHARGE (MVUC) (MC-89-100 DATED FEBRUARY 15, 1989; MC 91-143 DATED NOVEMBER 20, 1991; MC 775 DATED AUGUST 14, 2006)
1. Postal Money Order and Certified Checks tendered as payment for MVUC shall be made through registered mail, and the date of the cancellation of the postage stamps of envelopes containing money order or check shall be taken as the date of the application and/or payment for registration. The same shall be accepted and immediately receipted in the name of the remitter, provided it conforms with the following:
It shall be made payable to the Land Transportation Office
In case the PMO or the certified check is less than the basic registration fee, impose Fifty Percent (50%) penalty thereon
In case the PMO or the certified check is more than the amount due, the excess shall be automatically credited/applied to the next registration year of the same MV
Payments received through PMO, Cashier’s Manager’s Check shall be acknowledged using the Deposit Payment Facility at the Input Clerk or Cashier’s work step. The first Official Receipt (OR) shall not be released until the supporting documents are submitted by the registrant.
There must be only one (1) PMO payment for every MV
All PMO payments must be accompanied by photocopy of the latest OR and CR of the MV being paid for.
In case the name of the registered owner differs from the PMO remitter per supporting documents submitted, the PMO payment shall not be applied and the corresponding MVUC with fifty (50%) penalty shall be collected.
Upon submission of all the supporting documents, together with the OR for payment of stickers and Legal Research Fund by the registrant, the district office shall issue the second Official Receipt.
In case the PMO was transmitted without the required OR and CR, the name of the remitter appearing in the PMO shall be indicated in the OR acknowledging the PMO.
1. Proceed to the transaction counters and submit all the required documents to the Evaluator for evaluation and computation of fees.
2. Actual inspection of motor vehicles with duly accomplished MVIR. (This form is available for download here. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.)
3. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt (OR).
4. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called to obtain the Certificate of Registration (CR), plates, stickers, and other requested documents.