1. Where can we apply OMVSP?
All motorists may apply for the OMVSP at the MID-Computer Section, LTO, Central Office, East Avenue, Quezon City or at any Regional (RO)/District Offices (DO).
2. What are the types of OMVSP and how much will my plate cost?
You may choose from any of the following pricing schemes: Any triple alpha and non-triple alpha + two (2) numeric character combinations 01-99, shall cost Twenty Five Thousand Pesos (Php25,000.00) inclusive of the handling charge by the authorized LTO courier.
AAA 01 ARL 08 LRM 99
Any triple alpha and non-triple alpha + numeric character 100, shall cost Fifteen Thousand Pesos (Php15,000.00) inclusive of the handling charge by the authorized LTO courier.
GMA 100 BBB 100 PAC 100
3. How long can we secure the vanity plate?
Assuming that all documentations are in order, a seven (7) working days within Metro Manila. In the provinces it might take a little longer.
4. Is OMVSP exempted from the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) number coding scheme?
No, the current number coding scheme of MMDA shall also apply to OMVSP since it is considered as a regular plate.
5. What are the documentary requirements for securing OMVSP?
The following documentary requirements must be attached to the duly accomplished application form (Request for Optional Motor Vehicle Plates):
5.1. Certified true copy of the Official Receipt (OR)/Certificate of Registration (CR), issued by the TDO
5.2. Certification by the TDO that no plates have been issued to the motor vehicle together with the official receipt of payment of certification fee
5.3. Certified true copy of the OR of payment for the plates ordered, by the Cashier and Noted by the District Head or Regional Director (applicable to Central Office “CO”
5.4. Sales Invoice (in lieu of other documents to authenticate year model or to determine whether motor vehicle is brand new)
6. What vehicles are covered by the OMVSP Program?
The following types of brand new motor vehicles shall be covered for issuance of motor vehicle special license plates:
- Sports Utility Vehicles (SUV)
- Asian Utility Vehicles (AUV)
- Sports Pick-up
- Commuter Vans
The following motor vehicle types shall be excluded from the coverage of those which can be issued special plates:
- Public utility Vehicles
- Cargo Trucks (private/for hire)
- Service vehicle (hotel, limousines, tourist vehicles, rent-a-car, ambulance and funeral hearse)
- Vintage Vehicle
- Government Vehicle
- Diplomatic/OE Vehicle
- Used Imported/Surplus MV
- MV with more than 4-wheel category